Threading hair removal has been considered to be one of the best methods of hair removal since its invention. It has been used as a follicle treatment for centuries in India. As hair grows out of follicles, threading is done by pulling out your eyebrow hairs or unwanted facial hairs with twists and knots created with cotton thread. https://www.ulike.com/blogs/explore-beauty/threading-vs-ipl-hair-removal
IPL hair removal has become popular in recent years because it’s a very effective way to treat facial wrinkles and unwanted facial hair, but you can also get rid of hair on your legs, arms, back, and tummy with IPL.
Threading Hair Removal
Threading is a form of hair removal that involves using thin thread to remove unwanted hair. It is a safe and effective method without causing any damage to your skin. You can have your eyebrows, upper lip, chin, and cheeks threaded.
It is also an effective way of removing hairs on other body parts such as arms, legs, and bikini lines.
The process involves placing a piece of cotton on your skin where you want the hair removed. Then, the technician will use one hand to hold the cotton in place while another to twist and pull out the hair from its roots with the help of thin cotton thread.
Pros and Cons of Threading Hair Removal
- It’s easy to get rid of unwanted hair in between appointments with threading because it lasts longer than other methods (about two weeks). You can also combine this method with other techniques for longer-lasting results.
- Threading works on all skin types, including sensitive skin. You can even get your eyebrows threaded if you have rosacea or ocular rosacea.
- Threading can be done on any part of your body – face, neck, upper lip, chin, and bikini line but not on moles or birthmarks because they’re too close to the skin’s surface.
- It can remove hair in areas that are hard to reach with waxing, such as the back of the neck or toes.
- It takes time to learn how to do threading correctly, so if you don’t have a mentor who can teach you properly, you might end up doing more damage than good.
- It’s not effective for removing large areas of unwanted facial hair. People who want their entire face threaded should opt for laser hair removal instead since it’s faster and more effective at eliminating hairs permanently
- Some people find threading pulls too hard on the skin, which can be painful for those with sensitive skin or fine brow hairs. And if you have thick hair, especially on the upper lip or chin, removing all of it at once in one session can be difficult; your technician will likely tell you to come back in two weeks for another treatment.
IPL Hair Removal
IPL hair removal is a safe, effective way to remove unwanted hair. IPL stands for Intense Pulsed Light, which uses a series of light flashes to target hair and cause it to fall out. IPL has been used for years in medical settings to reduce the visibility of veins, capillaries, and other blood vessels.
The procedure does not involve any heat or chemicals. Instead, IPL hair removal utilizes flashes of light aimed at specific follicles to destroy them. The treatment process involves using a hand-held device that looks like a pen or wand that emits light pulses into your skin at varying frequencies and intensities.
The light travels through your skin, where it’s absorbed by melanin (the pigment responsible for tanning), which heats up and causes damage to the hair follicle — preventing future growth.
It uses a low energy dose; the energy is spread out over an area large enough to encompass multiple follicles, so there is less risk of damaging the skin than with other forms of laser therapy. This makes it a great option for people with sensitive skin or who want to treat larger areas. This process can take up to 4-8 weeks before you see results, but once you do, you will have smooth, soft skin without unwanted hair.
IPL treatments are perfect for those who want a permanent solution to their hair removal needs without undergoing painful procedures like waxing or laser treatments.
Pros and Cons of IPL Hair Removal
- It’s fast and convenient. The treatment takes just a few minutes, so you can get it done at lunch or on your way home from work.
- IPL can be used anywhere on the body, including the face, chest, back, and legs. The only areas not recommended for treatment are the eyes and genitals.
- IPL works by using intense light to heat up the melanin in your hair follicles until they’re destroyed. It’s not painful or uncomfortable during treatment.
- The results are permanent. Once your treatments are finished, you’ll have smooth skin for life — there’s no need for touch-ups or additional sessions once you’ve completed your course of treatments. You also won’t regress as long as you maintain good skincare habits after treatment.
- The biggest disadvantage of IPL is that it doesn’t work for everyone. If your hair is light blonde, red, grey or white, you won’t see any results from this hair removal method. Likewise, if your skin is dark brown or very black, it will not work.
Threading can be a very effective form of hair removal. It is fast, efficient, and more permanent than IPL hair removal. There are many ways to remove body hair, but threading is one of the methods that has been around for centuries and is still practiced today.